Scrambled Eggs

One quality that every gentleman should possess is the ability to work magic in the kitchen. Man should not exist on hamburgers and hot dogs alone. I understand, we have all been there; working with a limited budget trying to tackle the world. Ramen Noodles can become a gentleman's closest friend in the grocery aisle. Well, I will now start offering tips for the kitchen impaired male. What better place can we start other than scrambled eggs? Quick. Easy. Simple. This innocent dish can evolve into a nightmare if the gentleman is not cautious. Runny uncooked eggs is not the desired result that the gentleman wants.

My first foray into the kitchen began with preparing breakfast. My first mission was to identify and successfully scramble eggs. This is where one could run into trouble. After beating my eggs and adding salt and pepper to taste, I would heat the skillet with butter and pour in my eggs. The problem was the skillet was never hot enough and I had to wait for the eggs to cook. The result was awful tasting eggs. I learned that a hot skillet was the key to my dish. I began to use olive oil because it's healthier than butter and doesn't burn as quickly. You don't need a lot; just a drizzle over the entire pan will do.

Once the olive oil begins to lightly smoke, I add my eggs and they began to cook immediately. I invert my spatula and move around the egg mixture until it begins to set. I remove the skillet from the direct heat on the stove top and continue to scramble the eggs. Due to the hot temperature, the eggs will continue to cook even after being removed from heat. I top my eggs with salsa and sour cream to jazz it up a little.
Tips for the fellas:

  • Don't over beat your eggs and make them stiff
  • Use a plastic spatula if you have a non-stick skillet (avoid scratches)
  • Add milk to your egg mixture to make them fluffy
  • Serve immediately, cold eggs are not good eggs

0 Responses to "Scrambled Eggs"

Post a Comment